How to clear all personal data from your old iPhone
With the release of the new iPhone 4 just days away, many existing iPhone owners will probably be thinking about upgrading to the latest handset which raises the issue of what to do with the old one?
Many of you i’m sure will be using Mazuma mobile, Envirophone or even good old eBay to move on your old apple tech but may be worried about how to clear all your data, music etc so we thought it’d be a good idea to post a How-to guide on the subject.
- From your home screen open Settings
- Tap on General
- Scroll down then tap Reset
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings
- You will then be prompted twice to confirm that you wish to erase everything.
TIP: Ensure that your battery is fully charged before you begin as wiping your iPhone clean can
be a lengthy process (approx 1 hour!)
When it has completed you will be left with a clean install of the iPhone OS and be ready to
upgrade to the iPhone 4.
- Previous iOS 4 available to download now for iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod touch
- Next Screen Discoloration Issues With iPhone 4