Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 IV
The camera we believe is the world’s best compact just got better with the new mark IV! For people who don’t want to compromise on picture quality, but are sick of having to carry a massive DSLR around with them, the Sony RX100 has been the go-to pocket sized near-DSLR equivalent- with the ability to match or even exceed the image quality of a DSLR with kit lens combo.
The RX100 IV has a retractable electronic viewfinder like the RX100 III but with much improved resolution at 2.4m-dot compared to 1.44m-dot from last years model. The superb ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm (35mm equivalent) F1.8-F2.8 lens is carried forward from the RX100 III. The lens is impressively sharp and enables excellent low light performance from its wide F1.8 aperture at 24mm equivalent focal length. Even when zoomed in the aperture only drops to F2.8 giving comparable performance to its larger sensor siblings.
The biggest changes from the mk3 are the addition of 4k video and faster shooting speeds up to an unbelievable 16fps for stills/960fps for video. this is all possible due to its new sensor which Sony state is “the world’s first memory-attached 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip”.
With built-in Wi-Fi and NFC its easy to share your images to your phone or tablet or even directly to Facebook. As the screen flips upwards 180 degrees into selfie mode this comes in very handy! The camera can be linked to your smartphone to act as remote control to frame and take pictures remotely. PlayMemories camera Apps can also be downloaded to add features like Time-lapse and picture effects.
- 20.1-megapixels 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X image processing engine
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens 24-70mm/F1.8-2.8
- 1/32000 sec Anti-distortion Ultra Fast Shutter for fast moving subjects
- 40x Smooth super slow movie with 1000fps high speed recording
- High precision Internal 4K recording with jaggy-free super crisp video
- XGA OLED viewfinder with 2.6M high resolution clear view
The Sony RX100 IV is available now.
- Previous Calvino Noir Creeps Onto PS4 August 25th
- Next Apple really are working on a self-driving car